SJFC is headquartered at the Twin Maples estate in Summit. Twin Maples was built in 1908 and designed by Alfred F. Norris, a well-known New York and Montclair architect. The property was sold by Mr. Gustav Amsink, reputedly the wealthiest citizen of Summit, to Mr. and Mrs. James Foley. Foley, a prominent New York attorney, and his wife Karoline Davis occupied the home until Mr. Foley’s death in 1916. Mrs. Foley sold the house in 1918 to Mr. and Mrs. Frederic N. Collins. Mr. Collins was president of James E. Ward & Co., steamship agents and brokers, and was known in Manhattan as the Sugar King for transporting sugar from the Caribbean. The Collinses had one daughter, Lydia, who attended Kent Place School in Summit and married Rev. Dr. W.J. deForest. The Collinses entertained extensively until Mr. Collins died at age 90 in 1947. In 1949, Mrs. Collins sold the house for $27,000 to SFC. The house was named to the National Register of Historic Places and the New Jersey Register of Historic Places in 1996.
For information about Twin Maples, including renting for your special event, submit here: